Easy Tinkerbell Costume PLUS 88 More Halloween Costumes For All!
An easy DIY Tinkerbell costume plus 88 more Halloween costumes for adults, kids, babies – even pets – that take no time at all!
Do your kids know what they want to be for Halloween yet? My lil’ lady talks about what she wants to be for months in advance, but that doesn’t mean that this momma doesn’t wait til the last minute!
I’m sure most of you do the same thing, so today I’m teaming up with Jamie Dorobek and her handmade Halloween costume site Really Awesome Costumes. We’ve got this super Easy Tinkerbell Costume and tons more easy ideas to craft up DIY Halloween costumes for everyone including your pets, family costumes, and even a trick or treat idea!
Isn’t she the cutest little Tinkerbell?
Along with my Easy Tinkerbell Costume, I’m sharing 88+ more really awesome handmade costume ideas from talented bloggers everywhere!
I love putting together my kids’ costumes so they’re cute, comfortable, and a bit original. But like most of us busy people, it ain’t going to happen unless the costume is easy to put together.
This semi-homemade Tinkerbell costume is just that and she loved it!!
How to make a Tinkerbell Costume
The only part that I made was the leaf skirt. Everything else was purchased, but it still looks so original!
This post contains affiliate links for your convenience. Read the full disclosure.
- 3 different shades of green fabric. I was able to find some with glitter and some silky fabric for the leaves and stuck with a regular cotton for the band. I like that it added a little pixie dust to the costume. The amount you need will depend on the size of your child. My daughter was 3 ⅓ when she wore this and I was able to get by with 3 leaves of each color.
- Green leotard or bathing suit like this one
- White tights
- Silver sparkle shoes: I hot glued a white pom-pom onto them. Make sure you pick out comfortable shoes that won’t hurt when they walk a lot.
- Tinkerbell wings
- Sock (for sock bun)
Step 1: Make the waist band
You will use one shade of green for the waist band and the other two shades will be for the leaves (alternating every other one).
For the waist band cut two 3 inch wide strips (the length will depend on the size of your little one). Sew them down one long side, turn right side out and iron flat. Do not sew the other side.
Step 2: Make the leaves
For the leaves make a template with a piece of paper. (The size of the leaf will also depend on the size of your kid). For each leaf you will cut 2 pieces of fabric.
Place one cut leaf on top of the other (right sides touching/facing in) and sew them together leaving one side alone. Snip off the tip of the leaf with scissors and turn right side out, then iron it flat.
You will repeat this for each leaf. (I used 6 leaves for my daughter who was 3 ½ at the time.)
Step 3: Sew leaves to waist band
Go back to the waist band, fold each side of the unfinished seam in about a ½ inch and iron so it’s easier to work with.
Place the leaves inside the unfinished seam of the waist band and pin in place. Then run it through your sewing machine about a ¼ inch from the bottom edge of the waist band.
Fold the ends of the waist band in and sew. (I used a safety pin to hold the leaf skirt on my little girl. You could sew on a button or a piece of velcro if you want.)
Step 4: Finish the costume
She put on the leaf skirt over her green leotard and tights and put on her pom-pom shoes. I pulled her hair up high on her head in a ponytail, then used a rolled up sock to make a thick bun just like Tinkerbell. The wings and some glitter on her face was the final touch!
She was thrilled!
And you can take pics and save them on this Halloween Photo Display so you and the kids can enjoy remembering them year after year!
Now it's time for tons more DIY Halloween costume inspiration! Join in on the BLOG HOP!
Click on the links below each collage to get the detailed instructions for making the costume pictured. Don't forget to follow the Handmade Halloween Costumes Pinterest Board for even more DIY costume awesomeness!
- Handmade Baby Hamburger Costume
- DIY Baby Game Boy Costume
- DIY Minecraft Steve Costume
- Football Brothers Halloween Costumes with DIY Pads and Onesie
- Star Trek Halloween Costume for Kids
- A Bee and Her Keeper
- No Sew Magician Costume
- Flint Lockwood Costume
- Marty McFly
- Princess Wedding Dress Costume
- Handmade Lalaloopsy Doll Costume
- Homemade Toothless Costume
- DIY Mermaid For Less Than $20 (No-Sew Option)
- Easy Tinker Bell Costume (you are here)
- Mario and Luigi Go Kart Costumes
- Dog The Bounty Hunter and Beth
- Family Monsters University Costumes
- Scooby Doo Family Costumes
- DIY Storm Cloud Costume
- Cheap and Easy DIY Spider Costume
- Easy Tin Man Costume
- No Sew Bee Costume
- Planet Halloween Costumes
- DIY Cheshire Cat Costume
- DIY Instagram Board
- Elsa Crown
- Dog Collar Ruffles
- DIY Pineapple Baby Costume
- DIY Lego Movie Costume
- Weeping Angel Costume
- Disney Planes Costume: Dipper
- Easy Pirate Costume
- Easy Costume Idea – Renaissance Girl
- 10 Minute Homemade Jellyfish Costume
- DIY Cat Costume
- Lucy And Ricky Costumes
- Easy Frozen Costumes
- Easy Greek Goddess Costume
- DIY Family Willy Wonka Costumes
- DIY No Sew Maleficent Costume
- No Sew Pineapple Halloween Costume
- Graveyard Bean Bag Toss: Trunk or Treat Car Costume
- DIY Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Costumes
- DIY Raccoon Costume with Printable Mask
- Easy WildStyle Lego Movie Costume
- Simple Hello Kitty Costume
- No Sew Minnie Mouse Costume
- DIY Inspector Gadget and Penny Costumes
- DIY Frozen Elsa Dress Baby Edition
- Fairy Princess Dog Costume
- DIY Hashtag Halloween Costume
- Toddler or Baby Egg Costume
- Easy No Sew Olaf Costume
- DIY Baymax Costume
- DIY Tooth Fairy Costume
- Baby Short Stack Pancake Costume
- Elephant and Piggie Halloween Costumes
- Instagram Halloween Costume
- Peter Pan & Mr. Smee Halloween Costume
- Wildstyle Costume from the Lego Movie
- Fred and Wilma Couples Costume
- Viking Family Costumes
- DIY Cruella de Vil Costume for a child
- Disney Frozen Olaf Halloween Treat Bucket
- How to Make a Minecraft Steve Head
- DIY Harry Potter Costume
- DIY Duck Dynasty Costumes
- No Sew Cupcake Baker Halloween Costume
- DIY Skunk Mask
- Ghostbusters Proton Pack DIY
- Frozen Anna Costume Tutorial
- Candy Corn Costume
- Paw Patrol Halloween Costume
- No Sew Toothless Dragon Costume
- DIY Robot Costume
- Wonder Woman Costume
- Reese’s Peanut Butter Cup Costume
- Thrifted Gentleman Spy DIY Halloween Costume
- DIY Boy Garden Gnome Costume
- Group Costume: Bob Ross, Happy Tree, & Squirrel
- DIY Blues Brothers Costumes
- Snow White Costume
- Peacock Princess Costume
- Scarecrow Costume
- Easy Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume
- Handmade Teddy Bear Costume
- Princess Elsa and the Spy Kid
- DIY Baby Koala costume