Simple Halloween door decorations are such a fun way to add a festive flair to your front door during this fun season.
My kids love getting out our Halloween decorations but Halloween around our house is more fun than it is spooky. Our Halloween door decoration is no exception.
Your decorations don't have to cost a fortune or take too much time to make either which is why I'm excited to share the simple Halloween front door decoration that I made using simple supplies.
How to make your own Halloween door decoration
Step 1: Prepare your wooden letters
- Sand all your letters lightly and wipe clean with a damp cloth
- Paint them a solid background color (mine are white). This is a great step to involve the kiddos in!
- Let the letters dry completely.
Step 2: Paint patterns on your letters
- To make the polka-dots dip the tip of an eraser into some orange paint and dot it onto your letter. Be sure to go directly up and down to get perfect dots.
- If you want the dots to be larger you can swirl the eraser in a circle. It's best to practice on a paper bag first.
- For the chevron pattern cut a small piece of cardboard from the flap of a cereal box and use it as a stamp. Using the same method as the polka-dots, simply dip the edge in the paint and stamp it onto your wooden letter. Don't worry about making it too perfect.
When you're done, you'll have these cute letters! Once they're dry, it's time to put them together!
Step 3: Attach the letters with ribbon
- Cut ribbon and hot glue it in a loop onto your top letter. This is what you will use to hang your sign.
- Attach each letter by simply hot gluing short pieces of ribbon from one letter to the next.
- I glued one going in the wrong direction! - Be sure to check before you start gluing.
- The placement of your ribbon will depend on the letters you have.
- Flip it over and add the foam cut outs.
Step 4: Hang your Halloween door decor on your door
I love how big the letters look on my door and it's a fun and modern take on a Halloween door decoration!
Ready to create a home that feels like you without the overwhelm?
Inside my course, Style Your Way Home, I'll teach you my step-by-step approach to discovering your unique design style and how to incorporate all the styles you love into your own home design plan. Plus, you'll learn my simple 4 step process to to apply your decor plan to any room in your home so you can make quick and confident decisions and create a home that feels like YOU.