Hi there! I first want to welcome all of my new followers! I’m thrilled to have you and would love to hear your comments and questions along the way.
Just a quick post today to show you these mod podge wooden letters that I did for the Grandkid’s room I’ve been working on. Adding a kid’s name to the wall is a perfect way to personalize a room, but over at my parent’s house I’m designing a room for all of the grandkids so getting 4 names up on the wall would be too much. So my mom and I decided to do each kid’s initial. I love how the different patterns and colors turned out and this cost less than 20 bucks!
This was a really easy project. It took me way less than one nap time (which is how I currently gauge projects.)
Supplies: Letters, scrapbook paper in prints and/or colors that you want to use in your space, some craft paint, mod podge.
We picked up these wooden letters at our local craft store and painted them a solid color to go with the paper we are going to use on each.
- Trace each letter (face down) onto the back side of the coordinating paper. My letters were bigger than the paper, so I traced the extra portion separately. Depending on the pattern of your paper, you may want to try to get the pattern to match up.
- Cut out the letter carefully just inside of the line I drew.
- Spread a thin coat of mod podge on the wooden letter with a paint brush or sponge brush and lay your cut out letter on carefully starting at one end.
- Smooth the paper down as you go so that there are no air bubbles.
- Then spread another very thin layer of mod podge over the top. Be careful not to mess with it too much because the paper is wet and will start to ball up.
- Let them dry over night.
We used small picture hooks on the back of each letter to hang them.
And that is it! These pull all of the colors used in the room together and give the room a personal touch.
This is the last project in this room!
Painting Stripes was the first project that we did… can’t wait to show you the whole room next week!
See the Grandkid Room Reveal here!