Looking for an easy and meaningful father’s day gift? These custom beer glasses are perfect for the man in your kids’ life and you can personalize them however you want!
This year, a brilliant father’s day gift idea is to make him some custom diy etched beer glasses to let him know how much we love him. cause, let’s face it, he isn’t going to sport a “We heart Dad” t-shirt, but he will drink out of a personalized beer glass!
If etched beer glasses aren’t your thing, no worries! I’ve joined forces with some other very creative ladies to bring you 4 more handmade father’s day gift ideas and they’re all linked at the bottom of this post.
I didn’t know how to etch glass at home before doing this project and I can’t believe how easy etching is. The most difficult part is getting your letters on straight and making sure that they are on really well so that the etching cream doesn’t slip underneath. This project took me about 30 minutes.
What you’ll need for DIY glass etching:
- Beer glasses. I found some nice Pilsner Glasses on Amazon.
- Etching Cream: Armour Etch (etching cream.)
- Letter Stickers
- A plastic spoon or knife.
- Plastic gloves or a big plastic baggie. You DO NOT want to let the etching cream touch your skin or anything else for that matter. It is very acidic and dangerous so this is not one to try with the kiddos!
- Painter’s tape
How To Etch Glass Using Armour Etch
- The first thing you will want to do is mark a straight line with your painter’s tape to act as a guide for the words.
- Then add your sticker letters along that line so that your words are straight. Make sure your letters are on really well so the armor etch doesn’t leak underneath them.
- Once you have your letters on, remove your painter’s tape and now make a box around your letters with painter’s tape. This will be the outline of where the etching will show up.
- Apply the armor etch with a plastic spoon and leave it on for 7 minutes. Be careful that it doesn’t drip and end up on the part of the glass that you don’t want etched.
- At about 3 minutes and 5 minutes, swirl the etching cream around with your spoon again to be sure there aren’t any air bubbles.
- When the 7 minutes is up, rinse under warm water and rub the cream off using a gloved (or in my case baggied) hand. You do not want to touch this stuff with your bare skin!!!
- The warm water will most likely make the stickers and tape come off on their own or really easy to peel off.
And that’s all! Now you just need to pick up a fun beer to go with your custom beer glasses and dad is all set! Who knew personalized beer glasses were so easy right?
Now it’s time to check out some more great Father’s Day Gift Ideas! Use the links below the photo to hop from one blog to the next!
1) DIY Etched Beer Glasses (you are here now)
2) Kid-Crafted Storybook for Dad by Persia Lou
3) Superhero Sleep Masks by Cutesy Crafts
4) Child Drawn Shirt Designs by Homemade Ginger
5) Father’s Day Playing Cards Card by Cook and Craft Me Crazy