If I had to name one thing I would do differently if I ever got the chance to design my home again, it would probably be my (really) dark floors. They are so hard to keep clean and they show every. single. little. crumb.
What can I say, when I chose my almost black laminate floors the only thing I was thinking about was that they looked really good, were within budget, and went with the sorta modern look I was going for.
What I should have been thinking is that I was 8 months pregnant with my first kid and that kid, and her eventual younger brother were going to be really messy (although totally lovable) little things that would have me sweeping as an almost full time gig.
So since taking on the roll of full time mess-cleaner-upper I’ve tried lots of different things. To name a few, I’ve used…
- a good ol’ fashion broom which pushed the dust back up into the air only to land on the floor again.
- Swiffer dry cloths, which I stuck with for a long time but they didn’t get the actual dust very well.
- Swiffer wet cloths, which were too expensive and I had to go through about 3 of them to get my kitchen mopped.
- The Roomba. Silly thing got lost too much.
- My dog who did a stellar job, but she moved on in January bless her heart.
- And my vacuum, which was never really great to begin with, and recently died.
So I was on the hunt for a new solution when the stars aligned and I got an email from the lovely people at Dyson. They wanted to send me their new Dyson V6 Absolute vacuum to see what I thought about it, so of course I said yes! (The Dyson V6 has been discontinued; but you can buy the Dyson V7 Absolute model here.)
Can I just tell you how great this thing is?
First of all it is cordless, which is awesome. So easy to get out really quick for those quick after meal clean ups and it picks up all of the crumbs, dust, hair, and even rice. God I hate wiping up rice off of the floor.
To engineer a machine that tackles both fine dust and larger debris, like Cheerios, we needed to change the way we pick-up the dirt from the floor. The power of our patented V6 Dyson Digital Motor, combined with our revolutionized cleaner head, means V6 Absolute can tackle dust and that pesky cerealJames Dyson
Then when you are done, you just put it back on its holder and plug it in till next time you need it. It’s definitely making my morning spruce up routine easier.
That is what I use it for most, but the other day my little lady decided to take her shoes off in the middle of the staircase, which means that the entire preschool sandbox ended up on about 5 of my stairs (which are carpeted by the way.)
Before I even had a chance to blow steam out my ears, I grabbed the Dyson V6 Absolute and quickly switched out the parts to make it a hand held vacuum and it sucked up every little last bit of sand. Crisis averted!
The hubs even used it to vacuum out his car! #wishhewoulddominetoo
So, yeah, it’s sorta my new favorite thing and so of course I wanted to tell you about it! (I know I’m always wondering what other people use that works.)
You can find the Dyson V6 Absolute right here on Amazon.
A few of the features I think you are going to love…
- Hygienic bin emptying: Just push the button to release the dirt directly into the bin.
- Weight: 4.96 lbs.
- Tools included on TSV: Motorhead / Soft Roller Cleaner Head / Crevice Tool / Combination Tool, Mini Motorhead / Soft Dusting Brush / Multi Angle Tool / Flexi Crevice Tool / Stiff Bristle Brush / Wide Nozzle Tool
- Warranty: The machine comes with a 2 year parts and labor warranty.
A big THANK YOU to Dyson for gifting me this awesome vacuum to review. All opinions are my own.